Anne’s Quiz #40
My daughter Jenny insisted that I should create a quiz on Shakespeare, so here it is!
1. How old was Shakespeare when he married Anne Hathaway?
2. Which theater did Shakespeare own a share of?
a) The Globe
b) The Blackfriars
c) The Theatre
d) The Curtain
3. Who was ruling England when Shakespeare died?
a) Henry VIII
b) Elizabeth I
c) James I
d) Charles I
The Winter's Tale
, the baby Princess is named Perdita. What does the name Perdita mean?
c) given to God
5. How does Petruchio 'tame' his wife, Katherina?
a) By beating her.
b) By locking her in her room and depriving her of human interaction.
c) By declaring nothing good enough for her, thus denying her new clothes and food.
d) He doesn't.
6. Which play contains this quote?
What's in a name? that which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet.
a) Timon of Athens
b) Romeo and Juliet
d) Love's Labour's Lost
7. Who is the fairy mischief-maker in
A Midsummer Night's Dream
8. Which of these items is NOT an ingredient of the witches' brew in
a) a baby's finger
b) a lizard's leg
c) a dog's tongue
d) a mouse's eye
9. In which play is Shylock the Jew a main character?
a) All's Well That Ends Well
b) As You Like It
c) The Comedy of Errors
d) The Merchant of Venice
10. Who dies in the final scenes of
Hamlet, Prince of Denmark
d) all of the above
Write Your Own Quiz
quiz 40 created 5-18-02