Anne’s Quiz #41
I learned some interesting facts creating this quiz. I hope you will, too, as you take it!
1. The word 'pen' is derived from the Latin word 'penna'. What does it mean?
a) to write
d) to speak
2. Who said 'The pen is mightier than the sword'?
a) Benjamin Franklin
b) Abraham Lincoln
c) Thomas Paine
d) Edward Bulwer Lytton
3. What is parchment made from?
a) sheep or cow skin
d) willow bark
4. In what country was paper invented?
5. What did the Statute of Anne establish in 1710?
a) author's copyright
b) publisher's copyright
c) the Government Printing Office
d) the Oxford Library
6. Besides graphite, what else is in pencil leads?
d) all of the above
7. What kind of wood is used most often to make pencils?
a) douglas fir
c) incense cedar
8. When is National Handwriting Day celebrated?
a) January 23rd
b) September 14th
c) October 5th
d) it isn't
9. What pencil lead is customarily recommended for taking tests that will be graded by computer scanning?
10. When was the ballpoint pen invented?
Write Your Own Quiz
quiz 41 created 5-30-02